Define global climate
On September 14th, when World Resources Institute and The Christian Science Monitor hosted a discussion on energy and climate action in Boston.
Summary of Event
Experts talk energy progress at an event hosted by The Christian Science Monitor and World Resources Institute. By Cristina Maza and David J. Unger, Staff writers of The Christian Science Monitor (Sept. 15, 2015).
About the Event
This December, diplomats from nearly 200 countries will meet in Paris to forge a global climate agreement. Much progress has been made toward reducing the emissions responsible for climate change. The path toward a low-carbon world will be difficult, but it also presents lucrative economic opportunities.
- How are leaders and thinkers across the globe – from Boston to Beijing – confronting the decarbonization challenge?
- Where do we stand less than three months from a climate summit that will define global energy for decades to come?
- Austin Blackmon, Boston's chief environment and energy official.
- Kelly Levin, a senior associate at World Resources Institute
- Valerie Karplus, assistant professor of global economics and management at the MIT Sloan School of Management
- Mindy Lubber, president of Ceres
What is the earth's global climate?
well at the moment its very cold so id say cold.
Define Global Climate and explain current patterns in climate change
Global climate is the average pattern of weather over a long period of time. Most scientists now accept that the main current pattern of climate change is that of global warming.