International Journal of Human Ecology
ISSN online: 1741-5004
ISSN print: 1462-4605
4 issues per year
Subscription priceIJARGE proposes and fosters discussion on the evolution and governance of agricultural resources, with emphasis on the implications that policy choices have on both the welfare of humans and the ecology of the planet. This perspective acknowledges the complexity of the agricultural sector as an interface between ecological and socio-economic processes operating in parallel over different space-time scales, as well as the reflexive characteristic of human systems.
Topics covered include
- Governance/management of agriculture on the human side
- Environmental and ecological impacts of agriculture
- Ecological economics applied to agriculture
- Definition of ''quality''in food production
- Development of an adaptive eco-system approach to agriculture
- Globalisation and trade liberalisation affecting agriculture
- Coevolution, biodiversity and non-equilibrium systems
- Issues of research relating to agriculture
- The production of quality food
- Ecological and green agriculture, animal welfare, pollution management
- Ecological economics and heterodox approaches to complex problems
- Analysis/assessment of policies in relation to agriculture/environment
- Equity and gender issues in agriculture
- Development, environment and agriculture
- Sustainability, agriculture and environment disciplines
More on this journal...
ObjectivesThe objectives of are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of agriculture in society. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of agricultural resources. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological change and changes in the global economy.
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.Contents
publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.Hide
Editor in Chief
- Leal Filho, Walter, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany
(all correspondence to Deputy Editor)
- Al-Amin, Abul Quasem, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Rao, Prakash, Symbiosis International University, India
What is the meaning of cybernetics can you give me an answer in relation to human ecology.
Cybernetics is the interdisciplinary study of the structure of complex systems, especially communication processes, control mechanisms and feedback principles. Cybernetics is closely related to control theory and systems theory, but both in its origins and in its evolution in the second-half of the 20th century, cybernetics is equally applicable to social (that is, language-based) systems.
Cybernetics is always and only involved when the system under scrutiny is involved in a closed loop, where action by the system in an environment causes some change in the environment AND that change…