Global warming ways to stop it
By learning how to stop global warming and making changes in your daily life, you can reduce your carbon footprint and help the environment.
Understanding Global Warming
The term global warming describes the average increase in the planet's temperature. Global warming occurs when greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide and methane, trap heat from the sun inside the atmosphere. This trapped heat increases the temperature of the planet, endangering plants, animals, and humans.
Tips to Stop Global Warming: Small Changes You Can Make
While it may seem impossible for one individual or family to directly affect global warming, your daily actions have a significant effect on the health of the planet. By following the below tips, and teaching your children and loved ones how to stop global warming, you can reduce your energy usage and help save the planet.
Inside Your Home
The best place to start reducing your carbon footprint is right inside your home.
15 easy ways to help stop global warming at home:
- Switch to compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Run your dishwasher only when it is completely full to save energy, water, and money.
- Adjust the thermostat in your home to save energy. Move the thermostat down two degrees in the winter and up two degrees during the summer months.
- Lower the temperature on your water heater. Not only will this save energy, it will prolong the life of your clothes.
- Change the filter in your home AC unit as recommended by the manufacturer to save money and prolong the life of your unit.
- Spend less time in the shower. Showers account for two-thirds of home water heating costs.
- Replace outdated appliances with energy-efficient models.
- Weatherize your home to reduce heating and cooling costs and associated energy usage.
- Unplug computers, televisions, and other electronics before leaving the house or going to bed at night.
- Put on extra clothing and take a heavy blanket to bed instead of turning up the heat during the winter months.
- Evaluate the wall and ceiling insulation in your home to see if improvements are possible.
- Dry your clothing on the line instead of relying on your clothes dryer to save money and energy.
- Upgrade your water heater to an energy-efficient or tankless model to preventing heating unnecessary water.
- Become a vegetarian or limit the amount of meat in your diet. Meat and dairy contribute to greenhouse gas emissions and global warming.
Help To Stop Global Warming - Cotton Canvas Tote Bag
Kitchen (Rock Bull)
iPad Air Case + Transparent Back Cover - Help To Stop Global Warming - [Auto Wake/Sleep Function] [Ultra Slim] [Light Weight]
CE (Rock Bull)
Help To Stop Global Warming - Picture Metal Frame for Table Top (Black & White 7x5 inches)
Home (Rock Bull)