Biggest causes of global warming
1. Deforestation of the rainforests. The planet’s forests, especially the rainforests, are like its lungs. They produce a lot of the oxygen we, humans, need to breathe, and they capture much of the harmful carbon from the atmosphere. Cutting the trees down increases the carbon release, which in turn, contributes to rising temperatures.
2. Farm animals releasing methane greenhouse gases This is one of the natural causes and effects of global warming. However, as the population grows, more and more farms are being created, which causes more methane to be released into the atmosphere. Methane contributes to rising temperatures by trapping heat close to the earth.
3. Fossil fuel power plants. This is probably the biggest cause of global warming. These plants are responsible for releasing massive carbon dioxide amounts into the atmosphere, which immensely contributes to rising global temperatures.
4. Vehicles. Automobiles are largely responsible for global warming as well, because of their sheer numbers. They burn fossil fuels, producing greenhouse gas emissions, which very much contributes to global warming.
5. Processes of recovering fossil fuels. These processes, especially mining, makes the stored up carbon get released into the atmosphere, which also contributes to the rising temperatures.
Now let’s examine the effects global warming has on our planet:
2. Spreading of diseases. As countries in the north begin to warm up, they could become plagued with insects that carry diseases from the south, which the northern populations are not acclimatized to.
3. Melting of the polar ice caps. This will make the sea levels rise significantly, which will make the ecosystem unbalanced. Also, this will somewhat desalinate the ocean, which will change the temperature of ocean currents and this will mean that climates in various parts of the world could drastically change.
4. More heat waves and droughts. Global warming may cause some serious droughts and heat waves in many areas of the world, although a few areas may actually become wetter. Africa and Europe are expected to receive the worst of it, and with water already being a shortage in Africa, there could be some serious consequences.
5. Economic consequences. Global warming will not have good effects on the economy either. Diseases cost a lot of money, as does the damage that more severe hurricanes will cause.For the original article, click here
Pure Heat - Ultimate MLB Flamethrowers
DVD (Shout Factory)
What can be the biggest cause of global warming?
The main cause of global warming is none other than our own sun.
This has been happening for millions of years but the fact that it
has only recently become a concern in earths life is rather
confusing. You see, the sun grows as it produces more energy, witch
means more light, witch means more heat here on earth. Theres
nothing we can do to stop it. In a matter of fact "Global Warming"
was even worse durring the ice age. Long before cars and
fossil fules were arround. Yet we still blame these as the
main culprits. Even stranger, these "green house gasses" rise into
the atmophere and ref…